The Small Print - Please read carefully prior to booking
1. Booking Timescale: Celebration cakes must be booked a minimum of 2 weeks in advance due to the specialist designs and often intricate and complex details. Wedding cakes must be booked a minimum of 8 weeks in advance, 12 for Rich Fruit cake to allow time for the cake to mature. We do have quieter periods so it is always worth enquiring about availability.
2. Quote: Quotes are usually given at the time of enquiry for all items discussed, all quotes exclude delivery but this can be arranged as per pricing schedule. Each design is individually calculated to provide the most accurate quote based on the cake content and the skilled time element involved in making each design.
A written quote will be provided.
3. Booking Fee: A Booking Fee of 50% of the cost of the order is to be paid within 7 days of the order being placed and is required to secure the celebration date. The Booking Fee will be deducted from the final total and is non-refundable, even if the date is changed or the celebration cancelled for any reason, including acts of God, fire strike and/or extreme weather.
4. Balance of Payment: The Balance of Payment is due on collection of the cake providing this is in cash. If you wish to pay by cheque you will need to pay the balance 2 weeks prior to the celebration date or on booking if this is less than 2 weeks. It is The Clients responsibility to provide the final payment within the agreed time. A reminder will not be sent. If the final balance has not been paid within the agreed time limit the booking will be deemed to have been cancelled.
6. Method of Payment: Payment may be made by cash, cheque (providing this is 10 days prior to the delivery date) or through PayPal (a 2.5% charge will be levied for this service).
7. Cancellation: CupCakeCafe offers a bespoke service and is therefore limited in how many bookings are taken for any given week. If The Client cancels the order within a week of the celebration date a cancellation charge of 100% of the Full Cake Cost will apply. Cancellations MUST be in writing.
8. Model Release: The Client hereby assigns and grants CupCakeCafe and its legal representatives the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of The Client or photographs in which they may be included, for editorial, trade, advertising or any other purpose and in any manner and medium; to alter the same without restriction; and to copyright the same. The Client hereby releases CupCakeCafe and its legal representatives and assigns from all claims and liability relating to said photographs. It is agreed that CupCakeCafe may display and use the photographs taken for advertising, display, website and internet promotion, photographic contests, public display such as in trade shows, cake industry publications, studio display, television advertising, magazine advertising and any other purpose thought proper by CupCakeCafe.
9. Limit of Liability: In the very unlikely event of severe medical, natural, or other emergencies, it may be necessary to retain an alternative Cake Designer. CupCakeCafe will make every effort to secure a replacement cake designer able and / or willing to provide similar products and services as chosen in this contract at the same / similar tariff. If such a situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event.
10. Miscellaneous: CupCakeCafe will take the utmost care with your order. The limit of liability shall not exceed the contract price stated in this contract. CupCakeCafe is only held liable for the items and services listed in this contract. CupCakeCafe cannot be held liable for emotional, physical or financial distress due to any unforeseen circumstances that may present themselves. Items outside of this contract are the responsibility and liability of The Client.
11. Non-Guarantee: If delivery is required by The Client every possible care will be taken with said delivery and set up of the celebration cake, once delivered the cake becomes the responsibility of The Client. CupCakeCafe cannot be held responsible for any destruction of said cake or products once they are in the care of The Client.
12. Performance: The performance of this contract on behalf of CupCakeCafe shall be dependent upon acts of God, flood, fire, warfare, government laws or regulations, electrical failure, strikes by suppliers, and / or conditions beyond its control.
13. Price Amendments: Prices are valid from 1st January to 31st December each year and are subject to change without notice.
14. Refunds: Refunds are given only in exceptional circumstances as deemed appropriate by CupCakeCafe.
15. Allergies: CupCakeCafe shall not be held responsible for nut allergies for The Client or their parties. All cakes COULD contain traces of nuts and other allergens. It is the responsibility of The Client to inform their guests that traces of allergens COULD be present in the cake.